Monday, August 1, 2011

MY LITTLE LOVER - 日傘 ~Japanese beauty~ (2001)

(MY LITTLE LOVER - Higasa~Japanese beauty~)

Genre: Pop/Rock
Released: 2001
Region: Yamagata, Japan
Label: Toy's Factory
Catalog #: TFCC-87084
Format: CD
Bitrate: 320 kbps

tracklist
01. 日傘 ~Japanese beauty~
02. マインドゲーム

I first got into MLL after seeing the film "Lily Chou-Chou wo Subete". I fell head-over-heels in love with the soundtrack, found out the guy who did it was a man named Takeshi Kobayashi, and found out he had some other music he did outside of movie soundtracks. One of them was MY LITTLE LOVER. First album I heard of theirs was "FANTASY" and I loved it. Much lighter in tone than the stuff Kobayashi did for Lily Chou-Chou, but equal in quality. Supposedly, akko, the vocalist of MLL, and Kobayashi are a married couple(or were at one time) so it's kind of a husband/wife project.

Their albums are hard to find on the net anywhere and they seem to have a near-nonexistent fanbase in the west, so I've been desperately trying to buy them all up to rip for myself. So far, this is all I've got. :(

Soothing, bright, happy pop rock music with INFECTIOUS MELODIES and beautifully delicate female vocals soaring over top. Give this single a try, and then go look around for some albums until I actually get some to rip for you.

Bought from Rasputin Music.

6 comments:

  1. I really loved this single, so I did a bit of investigating to try and find some more links. I don't know if you have an account at Kyo Music City, but if you do, there are a few albums uploaded there! There's a whole discography that was uploaded at one point, but unfortunately a good chunk of the links are dead now. Still, I managed to get some stuff on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a KMC account, but that's cool! Which albums do they have? I've encountered a few dead MLL discography threads here and there over time. Saddens me everytime :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded Identity and Topics. If you're interested, I could upload them somewhere for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd appreciate it! I have evergreen, organic and FANTASY if you want those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughhh! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you... I'm in my last months of an honours degree so my brain is really chara-chara and I completely forgot I'd offered to upload the CDs for you. Huge, huge, HUGE apologies. x_x

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4XJ1Y02Y -- here's topics!

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLIXPJR3 -- identity

    again, i'm super sorry it's taken me so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem!! I, too, have had a lot on my plate, so I wasn't waiting on the edge of my chair or anything. :)

    Thanks for the uploads!

    ReplyDelete