Saturday, October 22, 2011

POLL TURNOUT: "Do you make music? (貴方は音楽を作るか?)"

-> "Yes.": 4 (33%)
-> "No, don't really want to.": 1 (8%)
-> "No, but I would like to.": 7 (58%)
-> "I used to, but not anymore.": 0 (0%)

Seems there're quite a few people who browse the blog that also make music of their own. You all deserve a brofist.

Now's when you post me links to samples of your stuff so I can listen to it.
I love discovering new music. I really, really do. To those of you who haven't attempted songwriting but would like to, get on it. You might find it to be one of the most fulfilling things you'll ever do.

Oh, I should take the moment to namedrop my own stuff, heh heh heh ...
Ripple'Field (synthpop/experimental electro)
Airs (shoegaze/post-rock/alt rock)

I'm also working on an album for a project that'll feature mixes of goth rock, post-punk and black metal, called Vuota. Here's a brief WIP track.

5 comments:

  1. http://soundcloud.com/baumgeist

    I don't think many people like this kind of music. I always try to make new sounds that no one ever heard before. But no equipment, no talent and too much passion.

    I like your projects. I also know the project of your bandmate from airs, I really enjoy the latest Verwüstung album.

    Despite all that and stuff, I also like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some really niche stuff. Interesting noise-ambient soundscapes. Chris & I have dubbed it "anti-music"! Keep it up, I admire you far more for doing what you want instead of what'll get you more listeners.

    Thanks! Chris says thanks too, for the Verwustung compliment. I, too, love the fuck out of his latest. Really intense.

    Thanks :)
    I'm surprised anyone who follows Airs follows this thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://augenblick.bandcamp.com/

    Hi, I love your blog and thank you for this service! A lot of this stuff is very, very hard to find.

    I'm not really sure how to describe my stuff. Definitely a lot of EBM and Metal influence. The newest stuff has some sludge metal and djent influence, too. I like to throw acoustic guitars and 80s keyboard licks in with dense, harsh walls of distortion, and I've been learning banjo so I have another tool in my toolkit, but nothing I have on that site has that yet. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks!! I haven't been posting here much lately because sometimes it seems like this place doesn't get many hits, honestly. I need to get back on the ball.

    I actually really dig your stuff!! Track 1 of that was really heavy and intense, I love the heavy, distorted industrial approach. I'll be watching your bandcamp from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments! I've been working on an album so I'll hopefully have 7-8 more songs up there pretty soon.

    I actually post on the Jrocknyc shoutbox which is where I found your blog, although my name is just Matt on there. I had a Blogger account from way back when, so I just used that to post here.

    ReplyDelete